The Explorer Kayak's super-tough hide and wet-or-dry self-bailing drain valves are just two of the ways this boat flaunts its snotty, "bring it on" attitude. Integrated bow and stern spray skirts keep you dry while elastic rope lacing provides convenient tie-down points.
The Explorer Kayak Tandem can be piloted by as a solo boat with plenty of room for gear for those long excursions. With a beam of just over three feet wide, you get extreme stability. Two super comfy tall back seats are held rock-solid with nylon webbing that clips to six integrated D-rings.
Stiff-backed seat offers comfort and support while the super-tough shell construction provides long-term durability.
In flat water, slide on the large, removable skeg to keep the explorer on its intended course. The skeg limits the sideways deviation called yaw that comes from paddling, allowing for greater efficiency and speed. Ideal for those long treks across wide, scenic lakes.
The Explorer Kayak is tough as nails and rugged enough to conquer any boulder strewn rapids. Stem to stern, it's constructed of super light and super strong 1,000 denier polyester-supported high-pressure fabric. The state of the art design incorporates electronically welded seams and a double floor system. Features include:
- 1,000-denier, polyester-supported, high-pressure fabric resists all punctures
- Three spring-loaded military valves on all three chambers
- Rubber handles, d-rings, bungee deck lacing
- 16 high capacity self-bailing drain valves that can be opened for whitewater use and closed for flatwater touring.
- Removable tracking fin
- Separate drop stitch floor for rigidity
- High support, adjustable seat.
- 12' 6" length, 3' 1" width
- Weight: 38lbs
- Max weight rating: 750 lbs
- Class: up to class IV as well as flatwater